FSHNmaintains a highly active research program, carrying out a multitude of research efforts and clinical studies throughout the year. Our program focuses on key healthcare issues in Kuwait, aiming to support evidence-based practice.
If you are interested in more information about any of the below projects, if you are interested in collaborating or volunteering with our research teams, please contact Dr. Elham Al-Hamdan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Landry M.D., Raman S.R., Sulway C., Golightly Y.M., Hamdan E. (2008) Prevalence and risk factors associated with low back pain among health care providers in a Kuwait hospital (2008). Spine. 33(5). 539-545.
- Landry M.D., Hamdan E., Al Mazeedi S., Brooks D. (2008) The precarious balance between ‘supply’ and ‘demand’ for health care: the increasing global demand for rehabilitation service for individuals living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 3(3). 393-396.
- Raman S.R., Mandoda s., Hussain L.K., Foley N., Hamdan E., Landry M. (2010) Exploring the meaning of childhood disability: perceptions of disability among mothers of children with disabilities (CWD) in Kuwait. World Health & Population.11(4). 49-60.
- Raman S.R., Al-Halabi B., Hamdan E., Landry M.D. (2012) Prevalence and risk factors associated with self-reported carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) among office workers in Kuwait. BMC Research Notes. 13;5. 289.
- MacPherson M.M., MacArthur L., Jadan P., Glassman L., Bouzubar F.F., Hamdan E., Landry M.D. (2013) A SWOT analysis of the physiotherapy profession in Kuwait. Physiotherapy Research International. 18(1). 37-46.
- Raman S.R., Landry M.D., Ottensmeyer C.A., Jacob S., Hamdan E., Bouhaimed M. (2013) Keeping our children safe in motor vehicles: knowledge, attitudes and practice among parents in Kuwait regarding child car safety. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. 21(4). 358-367.
- Raman S.R., Ottensmeyer C.A., Landry M.D., Alfadhli J., Procter S., Jacob S., Hamdan E., Bouhaimed M. (2014) Seat-belt use still low in Kuwait: self-reported driving behaviours among adult drivers. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. 21(4). 328-337.
- Hamdan E., Bouzabar F.F., Landry M.D. (2013) The Bone and Joint Decade (BJD) initiative: how did Kuwait perform? World Health and Population. 14(4). 5-11.
- Scull, N. C., Khullar, N., Awadhi, N., Erheim, R. (2014). A qualitative study of the perceptions of mental health care in Kuwait. International Perspectives in Psychology: research, Practice, Consultation, 3(4), 284-299.
- Alameer., M., Meteyard, L., and Ward, D. (2017). Stuttering generalization self-measure: Preliminary development of a self-measuring tool. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 53, 41-51
- Viola K.V., Deeny M.C., Musallam S., Serour M, Federman D. A national study of behaviours and attitudes towards the sun and skin cancer in Kuwait.
- Khullar N., Scull N., Deeny M.C. The Prevalence, Patterns and Perceptions of Performance Enhancing Drug Use among Gym Users in Kuwait: PHASE 1.
- Khullar N., Deeny M.C., Scull N. The Prevalence, Patterns and Perceptions of Performance Enhancing Drug Use among Gym Users in Kuwait: PHASE 2.
- AlFeeli A., Ashour A., AlRoughani R., Hawkins C., Pandyan A. An investigation into the effects of a customized patient selected exercise intervention on fatigue in patients with MS.
- Deeny M.C., Hamdan E., Ross E.L., Edwards R.R., Huang C.C., Jamison R.N. Chronic Pain, Comorbid Medical Conditions and Associated Risk Factors in Kuwait: Gender and Nationality Differences
- Deeny M.C., Hamdan E., Landry M.D. An analysis of the demand for rehabilitation services across the continuum of care in Kuwait.
- Karageorgi S., Deeny M., Hamdan E. Cultural Perceptions of Healthy Weight in Kuwait.